anyone using a DVD-Recorder?

e behme e.behme at kreativedvd.com
Sun May 11 15:14:21 PDT 2003

If so, could you answer me some basic questions, please?

I specialize on digitizing 8mm Films (Super and Regular) and most of
my clients only want the data on miniDV band for editing and burning
on their own computers. I do offer complete DVD production, using
DVDStPro, but shy away from it, since it is almost impossible to
bill-out the time I end up spending on such a job. That's why I would
like to offer a "down-and-dirty" DVD option, preferrably using one of
those very affordable (circa 500 Euro) Philips DVD-Recorders.

Here are the questions:

1) Is it possible to generate an opening menu screen, complete with
still image and a menu-button for the movie to start? The literature
I have read doesn't really mention how/if this is possible. If not,
what does the opening screen look like?

2) Can you open the completed DVD-R, extract the AUDIO_TS and
VIDEO_TS folders and duplicate the DVD with Toast?

3) I assume the recorder is based on hardware mpeg2 conversion. Could
one extract those mpeg2 files and use them in other aspects of a
project?

TIA

--

Film Digitalisierung, Archivierung & Reproduktion:
<http://kreativeDVD.com>