firewire video analog converter

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon May 12 07:39:48 PDT 2003

Just be sure of the connections on the Digital Betacam machine. They are
usually SDI, not firewire or any of the analog inputs/outputs.

ProMax is advertising an "anything in, anything out" conversion box, but
it's over $2,000.
Another choice (for highest quality) is the DataVideo Tech component
converter box. It's about $600-$700, but again, you have to make sure that
the Digital Betacam deck you will be using has outputs other than the SDI.

It you are just going to use the analog composite output, then the Canopus
seems to be the most highly recommended of the consumer converters.

 sb