[MacDV] Re: No screenwriting software

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Mon May 12 22:20:29 PDT 2003

Last weigh in on this tread. digitalX169 is not a pro...

>>  I plan just to learn liek the pros do and format it myself in
>> a Word Processor.
>
> I don't mean to be contrary, but the "pros" use Final Draft.
What's your hourly rate? All factors to juggle. If you're already a
master of formatting in Word, why change? But if you really want to
focus on the work, I'd suggest you at least try out/look at the current
offerings, read reviews and decide if you need the help.
_Chas_

A very good point "I'd suggest you at least try out/look at the current
offerings, read reviews and DECIDE IF you need the help." emphasis mine.

For those who write regularly, a 24p rental is useless without a
script, and a script that comes out smoothly is a god-send
Illovox

"for those who write regularly" being a key phrase here.

Just for the record I clearly hear what Chas and Illovox are saying,
and absolutely agree... when you get to the point where you actually
have a screenplay to write. Sitting down with your tasty new software
and typing "It was a dark and stormy night..." essentially makes the
formatting meaningless... Just write and the rest will come when it's
needed. If you want to write like the pros, just write.

BTW chas... anything we would have heard of?

Also... what version is Final Draft at these days? I'm still at 4?

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599