[MacDV] Re: We are all PROS!!

doug lauber dugster77 at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 17:35:12 PDT 2003

Charles Martin wrote:

> > From: digitalx169 at mac.com
> > I recent someone stating I am not a pro because I do not use
> > all the pro tools. Not all of us have the $$$ to blow. Did anyone ever
> > consider this?
>
> I didn't see anybody on this list say that you weren't a pro. For my
> part, all I said was that people who have "made it" in this industry
> tend to use tools such as Final Draft. That doesn't mean one can't
> produce quality work on other tools, only that it's harder.

People used to write scripts on a typewriter.
I use MS Works and/or MS Word.
It just involves setting tabs.
Most of the time and work of scriptwriting, involves basic
rewriting. It doesn't have much to do with software features.
What are the features of Final Draft that make screenwriting
so much easier than, say, Word?   -doug