[MacDV] Re: 970 Is Shipping

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue May 13 21:11:34 PDT 2003

 From PowerJack at SpyMac.com today
Publisher of MacWhispers today Posted on: 05-13-2003 04:09 PM

I've already published what I actually can say on this one.
Unfortunately, I am tangled up in a situation where the actual
manufacturer is also building two products for me later in the year,
and everyone with whom I deal there knows I publish MacWhispers... as
does an Apple developer channal person involved in my projects. in
other words, I actually have more first hand info on this topic than
(probably) anyone else on the Mac web, but can't say squat.

  - The PPC 970 is real, is ahead of schedule, and is slated for both 1
and 2 processor Power Macs... very, very soon.

  - The 15.4-inch PowerBook is also real, has been nearly completely
redesigned since January, will be released with a PPC 970 chip, and
will have a Chi Mei Optoelectronics-produced 15.4-inch LCD with a
non-standard higher resolution than 1280x800... also, very, very soon.

  - The Power Mac will move to a new enclosure, one with an anodized
aluminum front panel, mathcing the new PowerBooks.

  All of this I have previously published. And, sadly, that's all I can
say about any of it, other than this: None of this is guesswork or
speculation. It's dead-level fact, straight from the people doing the
work.

  I have to dance a fine line with the MacWhispers site, and what info I
spread. My business must come first.