[MacDV] Recording Audio cassettes to CD

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Fri May 16 19:37:53 PDT 2003

I looked at the instructions on Griffin's site. They seemed to indicate
that the y-cable was something you have to purchase and they do not
mention their own FinalVinyl software I've read about here. Maybe the
instructions for using iMic are out of date?

What kind of cassette deck do you have? I have some cassettes I'd like
to try digitizing, but all I have is a tiny hand-held tape player and
the car. The boombox quit playing tapes a long time ago, not that it
would have worked either. I don't have any kind of stereo system
anymore and probably don't want anything elaborate now that I can
listen from the computer. It's so convenient to go to anything in your
library from the iPod or iTunes.

Shirley