[MacDV] Re: DVD+R (or +RW) to DVD-R

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Mon May 19 08:06:29 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 02:00 PM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>> Hi all im new to the list,
>>
>> I would like to import Mpeg 2 video from DVD+R or + RW disks that i
>> can then burn to DVD-R. If i have a drive that support both formats
>> such as the Sony DW-U10A , can  toast  do this for me (copy and burn
>> from one to the other format). Is this correct?
>
> Once burned, there's no big difference between
> DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW
> in terms of reading, ....
> You don't need a dual-format drive to do what you're suggesting,
> just a plain old DVD-R if you want to write to DVD-R with toast.

Erica, Paul, Mark and others who responded.

thanks for your replies. its was much easier than I thought and as
suggested, I took the DVD+RW burned on a DVD home recorder (Phillips
985) -  put it in my superdrive and it plays in DVD player and toast
can copy to DVD-R or RW. this is great.
thanks again.

Frank Farwell