dvd to vcd question

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 31 02:33:13 PDT 2003

> From: Donna B <blktauna at shawstudios.com>

Dear Donna,

I'm not sure why nobody has actually answered your original question --
how to make a VCD from a homeburned DVD.

I think I have all this in order and correct, but if anyone knows more
or an easier way, please shout out!

1. First, you must make sure that the DVD your friend gave you will
play in your computer's DVD player. This is key to the whole thing.

2. If that works, then use DVDxDV (available from macupdate.com or
versiontracker.com) to extract the video off your friend's DVD back
into a Quicktime movie.

3. If you have Toast, then open the Quicktime movie in iMovie and
export it as a VCD using Toast's plug-in for iMovie (should be under
the advanced export options). Open Toast, select VCD format, drop in
your QT movie and burn.

There are alternative ways to do this, but most are more complicated.
Hope this helps.

_Chas_

New at http://filmmoi.blogspot.com - at last, my review of "The Two
Towers." Check it out!