[MacDV] FCP4 = Reformat Drive

Gary Fujihara fujihara at subaru.naoj.org
Thu Oct 23 10:41:26 PDT 2003

40GB is not a lot to work with when dealing with your OS and digital video.  I have a
60GB drive in my PB17, 2x250GB internal in my DP G5, and both have consumed over
40GB just for OSX Jaguar and my apps.  Remember that partitioning, while organizing
your workspace, will slow down access to files and may introduce more fragmentation
(particularly if using large files within relatively small partition spaces). So your idea to
have OSX Panther and Apps on an internal drive (along with OS9) would be a good one,
and having an external firewire drive contain your documents and media.

Fujmon