[MacDV] Re: external DVD burner

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Tue Oct 28 06:05:27 PST 2003

on 10/28/03 1:01 AM, Gerhard Kuhn at gerhardk at mac.com scripsit:

> You go to an external drive and you either settle for a program like
> Toast 6 that allows you to make very rudimentary menus resulting in
> amateur look to your DVD
As I am an amateur and using this thing for backups, tape transfers and my
music videos, it sounds like it will do the job perfectly fine.

> or you buy a big buck program to make better
> looking DVDs but that sort of defeats going external in the first
> place.
No not really. I have several machines that have firewire and I can use the
external to back them up. And when it fails I don't have to drag a whole big
box in for maintenance...

> iDVD is the nicest low/no cost authoring program that I have
> seen and it does not work externally and it doesn't look like that will
> change.

Then they lose me and others as a customer. I've played with iDvd and didn't
like it so much. Perhaps because the workflow is not what I'm used to, so I
guess I'll stick with Strata for the moment.

Donna

George, you couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery - Jack Regan

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://blacktauna.com/slash - Tauna's slash den
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!