[MacDV] Re: LaCie Big Disk 500gb 7200RPM Firewire 800

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 7 21:00:23 PDT 2004

> Well, I've just yesterday received one and tried to use the included
> Silverliner software to partition it.   This 24 hour process failed
> after 10 minutes and the disk is now "unreadable by this macintosh."

I've heard from quite a few people that have a fair amount of
experience to never ever use Silverlining. Its kind of like the "Norton
is Evil" thing - not everyone agrees, but the buzz just won't go away.
Even though some people don't agree, when there's a contingent of
experienced people out there who say "X utility is bad", I suspect it
means something.

SR