[MacDV] Re: Happy Easter all!

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 13:09:02 PDT 2004

on 4/11/04 4:03 AM, YangZone at aol.com at YangZone at aol.com wrote:

>> Jesus has risen!!!
>
> Ah! Yes... He has risen... but I search my soul, over and over, and glance
> fervently toward Heaven, that same burning question remains:
> if Jesus was a Jew, why, oh why, the Spanish name?

Maybe he was Sephardic?

Well, that can't be because there were no Sephardic Jews at the time...not
yet.

And yet, in Spanish, that name would be Jesu, or Yeasu....

I've heard that if you read Hebrew his name comes off as actually not Jesus
but Y'shua, which loosly translates to Joshua.  His mother's husband was
Y'seph...Joseph.

Oh, and at the time Y'shua walked the Earth, in Hebrew (or Aramaic, whatever
you want to call it) God was referred to as both male AND female names,
depending on the situation, which rendered the one God both father and
mother, which also makes a heck of a lot more sense...when speaking of Gods
at least....I haven't just heard that, I've seen it in the Torah with my own
eyes.