[MacDV] Re: Converting VHS Videos to DVD's

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 16:35:42 PDT 2004

This sync issue happens if the DV camera is
recording 12 bit audio AND/OR the recording
speed is LP. It shouldn't be an issue at all
when you use 16 bit audio & SP recording
speed in camera. I have literally hundreds of
mini-dv dubs from S-VHS, Hi-8, or Beta sources.

FYI - Even though I have a canopus converter,
I often move to DV first so that all of the
"original" footage has timecode on an
archival tape. That allows you to log and
capture in FCP without filling up a hard
drive with junk.

R.B.