[MacDV] FCP--Using Variable Speed--Not easy.

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 4 13:13:12 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at 02:23  PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

> Does anyone have a simple explanation for how to use the variable
> speed feature of Final Cut Pro?
>
> It's not exactly intuitive, like most other things about FCP.

I'm still using FCE, but I've had some success in slowing down clips by
using the "fit to fill" command. For example, If I decide a clip would
look better at half speed, I arrange the timeline so that there's a
hole of the proper length where I want the clip. Then I set up a clip
with in and out markers delineating a clip exactly half the length of
the hole in the timeline. Then just drag the clip to the "fit to fill"
box. So far, this has always created perfect slow motion.

Steve Robertson
Editor of F/R MV
http://www.folk-roots-music-video.com/