[MacDV] Capture Stops Due To Missing Data On Tape

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Dec 25 17:08:01 PST 2004

Hi all! Long time no post,
Bad batch of reels have left me with video I can't capture cause the
signal fails as defective tape rolls over the heads of the player - the
camera I shot it on. Can I dub a copy to better tape stock and then get
a clean capture? DV to DV? or should I record from Analog out to Analog
in on my DV Deck to get a better signal that will then capture cleanly
without stopping? Anyone know the work around my bad tape original
problem for capturing? The image and sound are there for the most part
- just a little occasional degradation with some fat horizontal bars
misaligning from time to time. but it's enough to halt the capture on
my D2 G5 FCP 4.5 HD with 3 GB Ram and plenty of HD space.

Is there a FCP 4.5 setting that will keep it from stopping while
capturing the missing data defective frames?

Thanks in advance for your help. Happy Holidays and New Year.