[MacDV] Re: Converting Collections to DVD--MacDV Digest, Vol 5, Issue 14

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Dec 29 15:50:17 PST 2004

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

On Dec 29, 2004, at 12:41 PM,
macdv-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:54:01 -0600
> From: W T McCain III <list at mccaingroup.com>
> Subject: [MacDV] Re: Converting VHS/8MM collections to DVD
> To: macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
>
> At 1:43 PM on 12/27/04, Ted Langdell wrote:
>
>> You asked about the EASIEST way to convert your collections.
>
> <snip>
>
>> Hope this is helpful.
>
> Very helpful. I was waiting to see if someone would recommend a DVD
> recorder. Seems it fits the bill for quick and "dirty" DVD recording.
>
> Why would I need to get one with a hard drive?

A DVD recorder with hard drive would allow you to record to the HD and
then split, trim, add file names, etc. to what you've transferred,
before creating a playlist and
burning what's on the list to DVD.

That could help organization of what's on specific disks, and give you
the ability to create custom disks... say with all your "Kids Graduate"
material on one disk, with separate files for each kid.

What you'll be able to do is dictated by the machine itself... but I've
been able to do a surprisingly good job at organizing using the hard
drive and its capabilities.