[MacDV] Canon ZR-25 won't eject

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 04:37:43 PST 2004

Be careful - the tape may very well be unspooled inside the unit. Sometimes the
following may work (shouldn't hurt the camera, but if the tape is one-of-a-kind, then
get thee to a repair shop instead of trying anything)

1. Remove the power cord and battery.

2. Be sure the cassette basket is snapped into close position.

3. Switch to VTR mode and then plug in the power cord.

4. Tap rewind and listen for tape movement. If it winds, let it go for 10 sec. If not,
press stop right away.

5. Now try the same with Fast forward while you listen for tape movement. If it winds,
let it go for 10 sec. If not, press stop right away.

6. Try to eject again.

Good luck - R.B.