What am I doing wrong?

Lucariello klucariello at nwaft.com
Wed Feb 4 06:27:45 PST 2004

I have FCE on a Mac G5, a Sony TRV22 camcorder, and a Sanyo VCR. When I try
to "Print to Video" through the camera to the VCR, it acts like it's
happening, but then there's nothing on the tape, or I can't get the tape to
play. I don't have an external monitor, so I have to shuttle the VCR back
and forth from the computer to the TV. I set "Line 2" on the VCR for
dubbing, but does unplugging it make it default back to something else?

How do I get this movie onto tape? I have both Branneis and Wolsky's books,
and they both crow about how "easy" it is to output. Well, obviously,
there's something so simple here that I'm missing that neither author thinks
it's worth mentioning?  Help!