Cool Gradients 2 Released

Darrin Cardani dcardani at dls.net
Tue Feb 17 10:28:09 PST 2004

At 5:46 AM -0800 2/17/04, Jill Arenson <djwp1 at comcast.net> wrote:
>Thank you for these Gradient Wipe Transitions.  Can you help with how
>to install them in FCP 4?  The instructions in the help on FCXBuilder
>give a path to install effects such as transitions are:
>
>1 Quit Final Cut Pro.
>2 Place the exported script in Home/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro
>User Data/Plugins.
>3 Open Final Cut Pro.
>
>However, I don't seem to have this path in OSX 10.3.2

The Cool Gradients are just .JPEG images. You can put them anywhere
you like on your hard drive. To use them, you apply FCP's built-in
"Gradient Wipe" transition. Import the gradient images into your FCP
project, and drag any one of them to the Gradient Wipe's "Gradient"
parameter. There are pictures in the PDF manual that is included when
you download the images. It makes things a little more clear. Let me
know if you need more help.

(And to everyone who wrote with a "thank you", you're welcome!)

Darrin
Darrin Cardani - dcardani at buena.com
President, Buena Software, Inc.
<http://www.buena.com/>
Video, Image and Audio Processing Development