LaCie FW D2 vs. Porsche

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Fri Feb 20 08:28:03 PST 2004

Thanks for the great link.  This brought two other questions to my mind.
First of all, I noticed that for $10 more than the 120GB D2, I could get a 160GB Porsche drive.  Why the difference?  The picture makes the D2 look smaller, but the dimensions show that they are similar.  Is the D2 better quality?
Second question:
Would my clamshell iBook recognize more than 120GB of a drive?  I remember that discussed here before, but maybe that was just an issue for internal drives.
Dave.

<snip>
http://www.dvshop.ca/drives/fwexternal.html

I have a 80 and a 160 gb and they work as good as they look. Want to save $40 try the above link. I bought the 160 GB there in August, went to the store and found them to be friendly and helpful.

Gerhard Kuhn
</snip>