"Jaggies" on titles in QT movies exported from FCP

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Sun Feb 22 20:38:44 PST 2004

I hope I'm writing about something that doesn't actually happen buy the
time a DVD is burned.

In exporting QT movies from FCP 4 to use in iDVD, I've noticed that the
title lettering has lost its smoothness when I look at the movies in QT
player.

I notice the same thing after importing the files into iDVD and
previewing them there.

I did pull the files back into FCP and look at them.  The jagged edges
show up when the movie is stopped, but not when its moving, so I'm
thinking I might be seeing the effects of the individual fields rather
than complete frames being shown.

Anyone have some experience with this?

What can I expect?

Suggestions?