iMovie 3.03 audio IMPORT dropouts

Puget Sound Cinema Society pscinema at scn.org
Sat Jan 3 08:47:55 PST 2004

Mmmm...Art Ensemble of Chicago, my favorite jazz group. What was it,
"Folkus"?

Sounds like there is too long a release time after compression. Or you
have a threshold filter on that doesn't release fast enough. Try
turning off "Filter Audio from Camera" in Preferences. It might help.
Or it might not. Of course, since it also occurs with a CD...I'd say
maybe you've some sound settings awry. Did you turn on some "Expert
Settings" like a mu-law compressor or something? I can't remember too
much about iMovie, since I seldom use it, but I remember it has
preferences you can only get to by choosing "import" or "export". Set
those back to default, and see what happens.

Or wait for Erica's much clearer response.

Omar Willey