Slide show alternative for MUCH better quality

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 11:55:29 PST 2004

I have discovered that when you are starting from real paper photos in the first place,
nothing beats the results of shooting live video instead of scanning stills. iMovie just
does a better job with dv footage. It's not hard to set up the art on a music stand. I
use a set of black mattes in various sizes to sandwich the picture and provide panning
space all around.

The camera is mounted to it's tripod and you just make a few slow passes of each print.
I like to do several different pans so that there are choices later in editing.

By the way, there are tables that move the art instead of the camera that others swear
by. I couldn't get the hang of it though.

Happy '04!

Bruce