Looking for more storage?

Doug Mitchell bogeyman at golden.net
Thu Jan 8 08:15:36 PST 2004

I have decided that I need to start doing regular backups of some of my
critical data, but when I looked at my "users folder" for example I
realized that it was about 6 gig so backing up to rewritable CD's is
not a good option.  I recently purchased a 120 gig external firewire
drive for my digital video files but I don't want to use this space to
back up my main hard drive.  I could purchase a rewritable DVD drive or
I could purchase another harddrive.  Do people have preferences?  I
have a Quicksilver G4, dual 1Ghz machine which I hope to keep for some
time.  Should I investigate installing a USB 2.0 or Firewire 800 card
and then buy a new harddrive for my video?  I could then use the 120
gig firewire 400 as my backup.  Are there huge advantages to using
rewritable DVD's for backup?  Any advice would be most welcome.

Doug Mitchell