[MacDV] Re: HP to rebrand and sell iPods!

Dan Crumpler dcrumpl1 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 18:30:47 PST 2004

Joey,

It is indeed a clever idea on Apple's part to get exposure. With any kind of
luck, Apple might even double its market share to 5% in the next few years.
Then we would really have something to talk about.

Just remember that the great "unwashed masses" you refer to have major
spending power and are more than willing to put their $$$$ where their mouth
is. Ten million customers have a lot more clout than a hundred thousand of
any group. Perhaps the Wal-Mart mindset is just what the "unwashed masses"
truly want when spending their hard earned dollars.

Dan

The whole iTunes for Windows was nothing but a stealthy way to get QT
into the hands of the unwashed masses, IMHO.  This seems like a very
clever way to generate market share using QT to drive a wedge through
the WinTel monopoly.  I haven't been so excited since I embraced
OpenDoc and Cyberdog, etc. Only time will tell if the strategy
succeeds...

Regards,
		Joey Kennedy.