Capturing in iMovie and FCE

Ken Schneider ken at schneider.net
Mon Jan 12 11:36:14 PST 2004

I did a little experiment and surprised myself.  I captured some DV
footage into iMove which looked great.  I then imported that iMovie
footage into Final Cut Express and it still looked great - just as I
expected.  However, if I capture that same footage directly into FCE, I
get horrible interlacing on the edges and the footage doesn't look as
sharp.  I expected there would be no difference between capturing in
iMovie or capturing in FCE.  Do I have something set wrong in FCE or is
this normal?

Thanks,

-= Ken =-