FCE 1.0

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Mon Jan 12 21:22:17 PST 2004

on 1/12/04 6:36 PM, Joyce Ranieri was molecularly re-engineered thru the
vastness of space and could only say:

>> Noticed someone mentioned the FCE 2.0 won't run on G3 machines. I
>> can't get
>> FCE 1.0 to run on my 500mhz G3 iMac. It will install, but program quits
>> every time I try to run it.
> I have a G4, but when I tried to run FCE I noticed that if I connect my
> camera through my UFO hub, FCE 1.0 would quit. If I connect the camera
> firewire cable directly to the iMac, all is well.
> Joyce

I went thru the initial procedure with FCE 1.0 as far as connecting my Canon
ZR25 (directly into the iMac's FW port, not a hub), but after that, I get
constant FCE crashes. Never have had any problems with either the FW ports,
or the internal drive I capture video to with iMovie 3. Same FCE problems
under both Jaguar and Panther. Still searching for clues.
Thanks,

--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com