[MacDV] DVD-W drives (Blue G3)

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 10:02:42 PST 2004

On Jan 14, 2004, at 7:07 AM, chrisandheather at shaw.ca wrote:

> What are people experiences with the LaCie DVD-RW drive for Mac OS X?
> I hear it works with DVD Studio Pro and comes with Toast Titanium 6.
> This amy be my only option for my Blue and White G3. I need a DVD-R
> drive so when I am finished shooting my feature I can output to DVD
> for film festivals and so on. Any thoughts?

I just purchased one of the Pioneer DVD-RW raw drives and replaced my
internal CD player. It works great with Toast Ti6 and DVD-SP, and is a
bootable drive. The only issue that you may have is that in order to
use DVD-SP, I am pretty sure that you will need a G4. Currently, I am
running the Sonnet G4 processor upgrade in B&W.