DV requires 13GB/hour of video-MacDV Digest #2540

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Fri Jan 16 08:52:41 PST 2004

Hi, all...

Your 180 GB drive should hold more than 12 to 13 hours of DV video,
depending on the amount of space available after formatting.

As others have said, sounds like your problem is an FCP settings issue.  Try
eliminating the file size limit and bumping up the amount you can capture in
one pass.

If you're working Mini-DV, it won't be more than 90 minutes (at LP tape
speed.) That would let you capture a whole tape in one pass.

Ted.