[MacDV] DVD-RW media

Laine Lee llee at moss.utsa.edu
Mon Jan 19 07:53:16 PST 2004

My experience is that if the DVD-RW disk will stay in the drive without
being immediately ejected, then the Mac (and iDVD) will write to it. Here's
the way I've always handled iDVD with a rewritable. I set system prefs to
ask me what to do when I insert the disk. Then I insert the disk and choose
"Ignore" when prompted. Then I open iDVD and tell it to make a DVD. I'm
pretty sure that upon seeing the warning after issuing the burn command in
iDVD you could also simply cancel the burn command, put iDVD into the
background (by clicking the desktop, or Finder icon in the Dock) then insert
the DVD and choose "Ignore" when prompted, then go back to iDVD and issue
the burn command again.