[MacDV] Re: iDVD encoding

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Jan 19 10:17:59 PST 2004

On Monday, January 19, 2004, at 01:00  PM, R B Williams wrote:

> I've seen postings more than once saying Toast is faster than iDVD,
> but my experience
> hasn't been that at all. Once the disc project is encoded, extra
> copies burn just as
> quick either way. So I just pop in discs one after the other without
> spending extra time
> making an image for Toast to burn.
>
> Anyone know of a reason NOT to use idvd 3 for multiple copies?

The reason is to clear your harddrive. In my experience iDVD wants to
keep not just the encoded footage  but the original DV too. This is a
lot of space. Also sometimes the copies aren't needed right now, but
later, in which case popping in an extra and saving it for later
copying w/ Toast is just good management.