re anamorphic converter and quality

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Mon Jan 19 17:33:22 PST 2004

Thanks for the responses.  Didn't explain myself very well.

I'm animating (adding graphic effects to) regular dv footage.

I don't have DVD Studio Pro and am working in regular tiff images for
24fps not MPEG & DVD.

I know the frames remain the same size.  I'm just wondering if the
squished skinny anamorphic footage - after being downloaded to FCP then
exported as an image sequence of Tif images, will look good after being
fixed in photoshop.

Also I know anytime you put a filter or add something on a camcorder
lens you lose a bit of quality - but does anyone know how much quality
you lose with an anamorphic lens?

Thanks
Lynn