[MacDV] 8MM film transfer

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 21:57:39 PST 2004

On Jan 24, 2004, at 11:18 PM, Norm Lamoureux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Trying to transfer some super 8mm film to DV. Started out with a
> telecine box but the video came out really bad. I kept getting a fast
> flicker. It would turn dark and light two or three times a second. It
> was a
> constant flicker.

That's usually what happens with the little copy boxes. The image is
very bright, so the camera uses a fast shutter speed which aggravates
the whole frame sync issue.

>  I then projected on a white wall, thinking it might be the box, same
> results. I am using a Canon ZR70. Has anyone had any experience's,
> good or bad? Any suggestion's?

When you projected the image on the wall, how big was it?  Try an image
2-3 feet across, and see what that does. If it still flickers, make the
image bigger (i.e. dimmer).

SR