iDVD 4 encoding

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Sun Jan 25 13:27:48 PST 2004

Happy to report a slightly better encoding time. A 90 min B&W movie
with 3 motion menus, in just over 6 hours. This oddly beats the 6 hours
45 min it took for the 62 min B&W film, with one motion menu. I'm
thinking that the shorter film might have taken longer due to the film
scratches and random white spots that were present throughout the
film...

Haven't noticed improved quality though over the faster CBR encoding in
iDVD 3, and am wondering if the preference tab for Quality/Performance
is actually mislabeled as suggested by someone at:
<http://www.macintouch.com/idvd4.html>

If anyone has encoding times to report, either on a G4 or G5, I'd be
interested to hear them.

Thanks,

Rick