JVC Recorder

lloyds lloyds at vermontel.net
Tue Jan 27 11:48:01 PST 2004

I just bought a JVC HR_DVS3U dual tape recorder, thinking that it would
save wear on my TRV-900 and be really convenient at copying from mini DV
tapes to VHS tapes and act as an interface to a TV monitor.  It has a
firewire control socket which works well from iMovie 3 on my dual G4
mac, so far as obeying instructions, but the sound has skips in it, both
as it plays directly in iMovie and as it records into iMovie.  I have
yet to try recording onto a VHS tape, but I wonder if anybody has ideas
whether this skipping is fixible.  The TRV900 works just fine on the
same tape, so I guess it's not the cable.

BobLL