IDVD 4 Encoding

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Fri Jan 30 13:45:25 PST 2004

>> Best Performance
>> Choose Best Performance when you need to burn your DVD as quickly as
>> possible.
>> This mode encodes your project faster than Best Quality mode. The
>> time it
>> takes to encode and burn a disc in this mode is comparable the
>> performance of
>> iDVD 3.0.1.

Thanks Steve. There is also similar info in iDVD4's help. Problem is
you don't have the option to choose best performance for DVDs longer
than 60 minutes. And without background encoding, it ties up your
computer for hours and hours (and hours). *Hopefully* this will all be
improved with an update. Or it's Microsoft for me ;-)

BTW, Bill Gates knighted!?!!!

Rick