[MacDV] duplicate archived DVDs

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Wed Mar 3 07:53:20 PST 2004

It *HAS* to be UDF format to work properly in a video DVD player.  I'm not
sure how Apple's built-in burning tools deal with that, but if there's an
option to burn it as UDF, then that's what you want to do.

BTW, you don't need to store the "TS" folders in a disk image, they can just
be folders on your hard drive.  And I'll mention this before Mr. Asherman
does, but your "TS" folders have to be at the root level of your disc --
they cannot be the root themselves -- so when your open up your disc, you
should see "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS" folders, rather than the naked DVD
files (that are in the "VIDEO_TS" folder).

The easiest way I've found to store DVD files for subsequent copies is to
create a parent folder for the TS folders, named with all caps and
underscores (like MY_DVD), then put the TS folders in there.  Then when I
want to burn it, I just drag the MY_DVD folder into Toast and burn it as a
UDF disc (deleting any .DS_Store files that may show up along the way).

Hope that helps.

- Mark