DVD copy info

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri Mar 12 07:44:18 PST 2004

Presuming this is an unprotected DVD, you should be able to use the
OS X Disk Utility to copy it, without purchasing any additional
software. I've used Disk Copy in earlier versions of OS X to copy
DVDs.

After mounting the original DVD, in Disk Utility select the volume in
the sidebar at the left.

Then select Images->New->Image from [DVD device name]... (if this
selection is disabled, be you probably don't have the proper item
selected in the sidebar).

In the Convert Image dialog that appears, enter your Save As
information for the image file, being sure to select "DVD/CD master"
from the Image Format popup.

Click Save, and it should then create the image file.

When it is done, eject the original DVD.

To burn a copy, select the image file you just created in the lower
section of the sidebar.

Then, click on the Burn button in the button bar. Just follow the
prompts for inserting the blank DVD-R, etc.

That should do it.

Good luck.

--Gordon

--