WD Firewire drives/Aftermarket FW drive cases--MacDV Digest #2647

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon Mar 22 23:19:28 PST 2004

Just picked up an ADS case at Frys, Sacramento.  $79.xx plus tax.  The
WD 60GB is in... and mounts as desired.  FCP project comes up OK.

will be "burning in" the drive in the case overnight to see whether it
crashes the Firewire bus as the WD case/60GB combo and its 45GB series
brother did.

More news tomorrow.  If things work fine, I'll probably be buying at
least two more cases and moving the other two out of warranty drives
over.

I like the fact that the ADS Firewire cases have fans.  The first two
WD Firewire drives I bought didn't.  The newer 120GB drives do have
vents but not much fan action.

I wonder whether that's been an issue here.

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA