[MacDV] Avid Xpress Pro exception

Selander Timothy selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Fri May 21 20:54:31 PDT 2004

Don't recall if the error message was the same, but on occassion I have
had corrupted clips prevent playback. First, try removing the clip you
modified, as it is the most likely culprit. If that clip is not it, you
can isolate the problem clip by a 'divide and conquor' approach. Put
In/Outs on a section of the sequence and play in to out -- usually 6 on
the keyboard if you haven't remapped it. Once you have an in/out range
that won't play, you know the bad clip is in there. Narrow the in/out
range until you find the specific clip. Delete, re-capture and you're
good to go.

If that fails, then you go to the Avid Attic folder and retrieve the
newest backup that will still play.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan