[MacDV] Re: 1.8 single or 2 gb dual?

Lee Rose leerosejr at mac.com
Wed Nov 10 20:14:39 PST 2004

Steve: You are correct to want to see your video on a TV as you edit.
You don't need a video out for this, however. If your camera or deck is
connected via Firewire to  your Mac, connect the camera or deck to a TV
as well. Then select "Play video through to camera," and you will see
the full image on the TV screen. This is especially helpful in iMovie,
which doesn't display the full-quality video image on the computer
screen.

Lee Rose

Steve Jackson wrote:

…As I see it, the only thing I can't do is
run two separate monitors. Seems the 20 inch screen and a video out
adapter to a TV should be OK. Any thoughts?