[MacDV] Final cut pro - camcorders - waiting for time code...endlessly

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Thu Nov 11 23:16:31 PST 2004

 Currently I am trying to get final cut pro 4.5 working (inputting video
into the computer) with several mini DV camcorders

XL1 and SONY dcr pc9 ntsc

 I set my preferences ( see below) and  open the capture window...  Click
the play button on the computer - And click capture now ...  and with both
cameras - I get  the message....

"waiting for time code. Device must be in VTR mode when device control is
enabled"

...  And it just sits there waiting endlessly until I click escape....

- I've tried just about every other setting also, and no matter what I do I
have the same problem...

*** Question: how can I fix this?

sequence preset
DV NTSC 48k