[MacDV] Re: Novice Question on Image Quality

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Wed Nov 17 15:43:43 PST 2004

sb said 'Don¹t buy a Canon. You should be fine with a Sony or
Panasonic.'

sb's right, as Canons tend to be somewhat problematic and not very good
at low light levels.  However, when used under good lighting - I prefer
the images from the Canon GL2 vs Sony tr950 which are the two you'll be
using.  If you'll be using the GL2 you may have to buy a Canon.  Also
keep in mind is that Sony was getting a bad reputation for servicing
products and Canon service can be very pricey.  I don't have any
experience with Panasonic.

Many stores sell both camcorders and apple computers.  Why don't you
take a tape filmed with each 3 ccd camcorder and test them on the demo
camcorder in the store.   If you're sincere about the purchase, most
salespeople will help you out.

Lynn