[MacDV] FCP 4.5 -Dropped Frames Warning

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sun Nov 21 07:01:30 PST 2004

 For quite a while I was happy working with final cut pro performing
different tasks.

Then recently I have been getting quite a bit of errors showing the pop-up
window: Warning - Dropped Frames

- often I will just play from the time line for just a few seconds and this
warning will appear...

-  I have tried to follow all the suggestions in the window - like turning
off on limited RT -  close and open sequences etc. but the problem still
happens... ( It suggests lowering my compression data rate - by am working
with DV so I wouldn't know what to do with that suggestion)

-  all the content is on the same drive that was on when everything was
working fine - as far as that goes basically nothing has changed ...  I have
19 gigabytes left free on that drive... ( also: I ran disk utility on the
drive and it is fine)

-  one thing I am trying to do now that might have an effect:  originally I
imported the content using a bidirectional video to FireWire box called
DAZZLE ( kind of like the canopus box).  Now, recently -  I am attempting to
output the video - and I have used the output RCA's to go into a
television... Could that be screwing something up and causing the dropped
frames warning?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com