[MacDV] Burning DVD's

merelyn davi merelyn_davi at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 23 21:01:51 PST 2004

DVD Burning, players, disc types:

I have access to 2 different iMac OSX 10.3.6. 1 has a pioneer burner,
the other a sony. I have found that if 1 doesn't work, sometimes the
other will. When I say works I mean copying a DVD. I have also found
that some DVD's DON"T burn at all in either computer, either in toast
or iDVD. I have so many coasters I could set up a shop. I have found
that LGDVD-R 1-4x always work, I have used about 30 of them.
Laser brand vary. I have trouble with the silver, but the white or
shiny surface seem to be alright  most of the time. I tend to try these
as they come out cheaply sometimes ( $1 ). LG are $2 a pop in Adelaide.
I also have had trouble playing anything I make on either computer in
some DVD players. However the cheapest of all DVD players LG Model:
DV7711P so far plays everything and anything. An LG combo Home Theatre
System plays only sometimes, and certainly will not play slide shows
made in iPhoto 4.0.3, imovie, and iDVD !!!  They are the same brand and
about the same age, but so so different !! Pioneer DVD players are
always good for me, they haven't shown an error with anything I have
made so far !!!
I too have had trouble with the crashing before burning, but not with
the brands I have discussed. All that time, all that effort and nothing
!!! Another thing too is pixellating - some discs seem to give me that
problem, but when I put one of my faithful LG's in no worries !!
Hope this helps someone, I do know how frustrating it all is. I have a
friend who gave me this address and he has helped me no end, he is a
real gem, we all need someone like him. Cheers Merelyn