[MacDV] burning from iDVD to new internal LaCie 16x DL drive

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sat Oct 9 07:44:42 PDT 2004

I exported the image file from iDVD and was able to burn a successful
disk using Toast.  First attempted to burn it as a Data Disk Mac & PC
compatible but that adds two folders which confuse my set-top player,
second time I burned it as a Video disk but that placed the iDVD menu
as movie on the Toast generated menu, so I lost the nice iDVD
interface.  Finally burned it as a Data Disk but using the DVD-ROM
option rather than Mac & PC option and it came out just as if iDVD
burned the disk.  I was using a DVD-RW so there were no wasted disks.

Gerhard