[MacDV] Burn .dv to DVD without iDVD?

Robert L. Vaessen rvaessen at mac.com
Sun Oct 24 15:38:43 PDT 2004

All -

Does anyone know a way that I can burn digital video (.dv extesnion) to
a DVD without using iDVD?  I have been having absolutely no luck
getting my movie to disc by following Apple's standard iMovie to iDVD
to DVD workflow.

I have a working digital video file that plays fine in QuickTime 6.5.1
(Pro version). The movie is DV/DVCPRO - NTSC format with 48Kb stereo
sound. Data size is 13GB. Duration is 32 minutes 27 seconds.

What can I use to encode it into a Transport Stream (VIDEO_TS) and burn
it to disc?

- Robert