[MacDV] Transferring Dish DVR to PB?

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Sun Sep 26 12:49:36 PDT 2004

   >From: Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>
   >
   >Anybody know a good way to transfer recorded programming from a Dish Network
   >DVR into my PowerBook?

Brian, I've been using a Canopus ADVC-100 A/D converter to capture
video directly from a satellite receiver into iMovie. It has both
S-video and RCA inputs. I bought it after several people on this
list recommended it. Here's its web page:

http://www.canopus.us/US/products/advc-100/pm_advc-100.asp

Canopus offers a line of products with slightly different feature sets.

   >Dish Network tech support says it can't be done, of course.

Just curious, what was their reasoning, if any? :-)

Patty