[MacDV] Two beginner questions

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Aug 5 10:55:34 PDT 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 12:31 PM, David Hillman wrote:

>    The video I've done before is all 320x240 .wmv format, because I
> had a
> PC, and could only use the USB connection on my Sony camera.  Now
> that I
> have iMovie and Firewire, I'd like to switch to 640x480.

You're multiplying the number of pixels by 4, then trying to take
that 4x amount of information and squeeze it back down to a small
size. Bad things _are_ going to happen. Why not just leave it at
320x240?

>    Also, while capturing video from my Camcorder, iMovie was randomly
> breaking the video into chunks.

Is it random, or is it when you stopped/started recording with the
camcorder? I don't have it in front of me now, but you can (IIRC)
tell iMovie to ignore scene breaks when importing.

-Mike