[MacDV] OSX10.4 and FCP 4.5HD problem on G4 Powerbook

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Aug 14 23:17:39 PDT 2005

Hi (from a colleague of mine),

Until recently I was running Final Cut Pro 4.5HD on a PowerBook G4 1.5GHz
under MacOS 10.3.9 very successfully. Once I upgraded my OS to 10.4.2 I
have been unable to preview any video signal in the capture preview
window. I can still control external devices (eg camera) through the
Firewire connection and can still see the time code position in the
preview window however the video and audio signals are not present. Video
capture process in iDVD works fine.

I removed prefs and reinstalled FCPro but still have the same problem.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and is there any way to fix it?

Thanks,

Albert